Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Cool! My own Blog!

Hey, cool, my own blog! Always wanted one. Not quite sure why, just seems like fun.

In case you are not a family member, N4IXT is my amateur radio callsign. Yup, I'm a ham, talk to folks around the world on my radio. QTH is hamspeak for home, by the way. I am a member of both the Shelby County Amateur Radio Club and the Birmingham Amateur Radio Club, as well as the national organization the ARRL.

I'm 40, have been married since 96 to the most wonderful woman in the world, my beautiful wife Ammie. She has blessed me with two darling daughters, Raven and Anna. I'm a lucky dude to have such great gals in my life. I would definately put my wife in the "long suffering" category, putting up with all my radios and gadgets, plus stacks of computer books and magazines.

I work as a software developer / project manager for the power company, writing applications for the fleet of nuclear power plants. Most of my work is in C#, both WinForms and ASP.Net. My current programming hero is Mark Miller of DevExpress. They have an awesome tool called CodeRush that I just love.

I'm currently listening to Mark being interviewed by Carl Franklin on the dotnetrocks internet radio show. I got the Mark episodes to start with, but am really enjoying them and will definatly be going back to get the rest of the episodes. They have also started a 'tv' version. I've seen the episode where Mark uses the free DXCore that CodeRush is based on to create an addin for Visual Studio. Can't wait to get in and dig.


OK, enough for now, just thought I'd post something about myself to get started. I'll work on some links, pics, etc over the next few days.

73! (Ham for Have a Great Day)

Robert / N4IXT

Comments:
Hey - this is your sister posting the first comment! And the first comment is, since your brother-in-law is one of the developers of WordPress, why aren't you using WordPress for your blog?!?! I can't believe you're using blogspot - EEGADS! Anybody home, McFly?
 
Well, since Blogspot is FREE, and I'm a cheapskate...
 
Hey McFly, WordPress is free too - open source. The *hosting* is not free, for whatever source you would choose for hosting, but we could probably hook you up there too. Does your internet provider offer you hosting? I know a lot of them nowadays offer a few MB of space to post your own personal page - cost is usually just included in your monthly ISP charge.
 
Hello - this is your wonderful sister-in-law posting a comment. I don't know anything about blogs, but I thought I would join in anyway. I am just wasting time on the computer while my husband, nephew, and sister-in-law are in the den killing each other at James Bond games. I have to say that a lot of the stuff on your blog, I don't understand. Not much of a computer person. But I have enjoyed reading all of it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?