Monday, March 20, 2006

Shave your back you hairy monster...

Yes friends, how many times have you heard this? Well now your problem is solved. Check out this little toy from Razorba:

http://www.razorba.com/default.asp

Yes, you too can have a fresh smooth back without causing your significant other to blow chucks from looking at you.

And hey, now that you are all smooth it's time for a party! And no party would be complete without a voodoo doll toothpick holder! Check this little party item from perpetual kid:
http://www.perpetualkid.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1328

Also check out the magnets from www.unitednuclear.com. I wanna buy something from them just so I can have a credit card receipt from 'em.

Power went out at the house this evening due to some wicked storms. Fortunately I have a bank of batteries out in my garage that would make the energizer bunny jealous. Hook up my 12 volt power converter and I can run my laptop all night, into tomorrow and probably next week. My power came back on about an hour ago and I still haven't bothered to switch back over.

I've been sitting here working and listening to a Monday's episode, which frankly is far better entertainment than most of the CRAP on tv lately. I've got like six hundred freakin' channels on my satellite, and almost nothing worth my time. I think there's about 3 or 4 shows I really like to watch anymore.

Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs tie for favorite. Survivorman runs a close second, but only because I've seen and recorded all the episodes so far, so now it's all reruns. Whose Line reruns on occasion, when I'm in the mood for mindless humor and my wife's not around.

OOOOOh I'm gonna get it for that! My backspace key doesn't seem to work either. It's just that my wife is so freakin' perfect! Drives me insane, lately she seems to have it all together. She's lost 49 pounds so far on her diet, has tons of energy and I can't keep up with her. So when she does something funny, I have to share....

Chinese at Gettysburg? Yes, my long suffering wife was helping me out. In addition to the few shows I mentioned, the only other thing I try to catch is the occasional show about the Civil War on the history channel. Unfortunately I have been rather swamped and haven't been cleaning off the TIVO like I should, so she's been helping me out by saving the episodes off to DVD. Anyway, there was an episode called "The Irish at Gettysburg".

Well, for whatever reason when my wife was recording it she gave the title as "The Chinese at Gettysburg". She claims it was a mental abberation brought on by the children. Can't wait to watch the episode, and see Robert E Lee do some Kung Fu Fighting.

Holy Crap! I've been sitting here rambling on when I should be getting ready for bed. Got an early morning meeting. Sheesh people, have you no shame? Let a poor programmer get some rest will ya!

73!

Comments:
Robert, In defense of your wife, I found the following website about Chinese actually fighting at Gettysburg:

http://www.analisidifesa.it/numero15/eng/hist-chinese.htm

Scott G.
 
Oh that's just great. Thank you soooo much. As if she wasn't smug enough already. (sigh) I better start practicing "yes dear" again.
 
This is your sister again. Speaking of TV shows, aren't you watching the new Doctor Who? Once again, anybody home, McFly?

Your Loving Sister
 
I have seen the new Dr. Who and it is actually pretty good. Much MUCH better than the Battlestar Galatica remake. Alton Brown Rules!!

-Your Younger (and Better Looking) Brother
 
Actually, I'm watching it right now! Have seen every episode so far. Would like to find the soundtrack, if there is one.

Big Bro
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?