Monday, December 25, 2006

The day hath arrived

Well, it's late Christmas day. The toys are all open and more importantly assembled. Kids are frolicking, my wife is taking advantage of decent internet connectivity, dead animals are roasting in the oven to delicious yumminess. We're having mashed potatoes just like mom used to make. I think this is because mom made them, but I can't be sure.

Various vegetable casseroles are cooking, a nice squash casserole and everyone's favorite, green bean casserole with the little dried onion thingies on top.

My wife got me a possum for Christmas. Not a real one, I've had enough of those, but a stuffed one. I've decided to name him Floyd the Ferocious. Nice possum sounding name. I found a possum floating in my hot tub last year, just before Thanksgiving. Yeah, I know, you're thinking "hey, possum stew, when do we eat". Well this guy had been floating for a few days and had turned the water a murky brown and stank. I fished what was left of him out (where's Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs fame when you really need him?). Chunks of said possum had already begun to fall off, so I only had enough time to drain the tub before we left town.

We happened to be in a Cracker Barrel at some point this year when we saw the possum and I made a crack about it resembling the one in the hot tub, so my wife decided to get it to commemorate the occasion. How sweet!

Now let's eat...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?