Saturday, December 23, 2006

Man Cooking

Every so often I like to cook. Nothing fancy, my wife will be the first to tell you me in a kitchen is like Paris Hilton at a Mensa convention. Just don't seem to fit in.

Still, I can handle simple things. By that I mean don't ask me to try and cook several dishes at once. One pot is about all I can handle. Chili, for example, I make a decent pot of chili. Or "Whatcha got stew", whereby I find some sort of meat, like a nice turkey sausage, and throw it in a frying pan along with whatever vegetables I can find.

I've also discovered my utensils of choice are wooden. I don't know why, but wooden utensils just seem more... manly somehow. They have a nice heft to them, unlike the dainty plastic. Metal would be OK, if it weren't for the fact that they scratch up my wife's pans then I have to blame the scratches on the dog. Of course she never believes me and starts beating me with the pans anyway. Hmm, I wonder if we actually had a dog maybe she might start believing me. Might have to try that sometime. But I digress...

Yes, for now I think wood utensils are nicest for cooking. Don't have to worry about melting them (like I did with her spatula) or breaking them in the dishwasher (like I did with the ladel).

Sometimes some of the best dishes don't even take more than a simple knife to make. Take my famous nutty dogs for example. Get a hotdog bun, spread out a layer of peanut butter. Now sprinkle on some chopped onions. Now go nuke a hot dog in the microwave for a minute or three, once cooked plunk in the bun. Yum! A tasty treat that'll stick to the roof of your mouth.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?